What to do when you have a lot of zucchini? And they are coming fast. These tasty little bites are fun to make and easy to enjoy. A perfect appetizer or first course.
– 4 to 5 cups of grated zucchini
– 1 cup of grated carrots (optional)
– 1 cup feta, crumbled
– 1-2 cups self-rising flour (more of less depending on how wet the zucchini is)
– 2 spring onions diced , green and white parts
– Herbs to taste (the amount varies as I use fresh herbs and mince them together, but about ¼ cup each.) Try Mint, Basil & Oregano
– Salt and Pepper
– 1/3 cup IL Fiorello Jalapeno-Lime Olive Oil
– 2 eggs beaten
– Tomatoes, halved, for the topping (I used cherry tomatoes for the size and they are cute)
Combine everything but the 2 eggs
Taste for the balance of the herbs before you fold in the raw eggs
Adjust seasoning as necessary
Gently fold in the beaten eggs
Spoon onto a hot griddle (I use an ice cream scoop)
Place the half of the cherry tomato on top.
Cook until brown on the bottom
Then flip over and cook until done.
Cook time is about 4 minutes per side.
You can finish under the broiler to crisp up the zucchini if you want.
A teaspoon of Harissa is always a great addition to this mixture. It add depths of flavor.
Choose your herbs carefully and love what you cook.